2.06.2012

iPad Case

Yes, I've been drafting a paper pieced pattern again. I have several friends who think paper piecing is too tedious, but tedious is what I love! I think paper piecing is so relaxing. I wanted to make a soft case for our iPad, and I knew piecing and quilting it was the way to go.
I drew out my pattern on freezer paper for no reason other than that is what I had on hand and I am a do-it-now kind of person. Then I chose an order for my fabrics and I sewed them down!
I actually think this would be a cool quilt pattern all on its own, but I was on a mission to make a bag so I will go another direction with the quilt idea some other time.
It turned out pretty cute! I share the iPad with the husband, so I needed to make the case less girly than normal. I quilted down the lines of each piece, inserted a zipper and stitched up the sides to complete the design.
Here is the back side. I like it alot. Yay for projects that don't stink! I will be back soon with more of what I am working on. P.S. These are more of the Denyse Schmidt fabrics from JoAnn's. They rock. I will be purchasing more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment